Our Current Times...



As I was reading the news this morning I was suddenly struck with the feeling; "Will this ever get better?" I found myself despairing for the state of our world. It struck my heart and moved me to fear. Upon this I was awoken out of my sorrow to a deep comfort that warmed body, I had been cold to the touch for the past three days or so and had not realized it till now. For several moments I could not figure out where this warmth came from; then recognized it as the Peace of God.

I felt impressed to share this with you; Christ is our comforter.

In this world that is constantly being filled with foul deeds; (since the dawn of time) which is nothing new, it has just arrived to us in different packages different from the wrappings and mailing addresses of the past.

The thing that has been--it is what will be again, and that which has been done is that which will be done again; and there is nothing new under the sun. Ecclesiastes 1:9 AMP


-Our focus must be on Calvary, at the Cross of Christ we will find peace in a tumultuous world. Some times it is hard to tune out the corruption of the world, because we are also warned to be watchmen and to stay informed;
"Be very watchful of yourselves, therefore, to love the Lord your God." Joshua 23:11-AMP,

"And as to ourselves indeed, in under- taking this work of abridging, we have taken in hand no easy task, yea rather a business full of watching and sweat." 2 Maccabees 2:27 DRA

"He setteth his mind to finish his work, and his watching to polish them, to perfection." Sirach 38:31 DRA

"I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved." Habakkuk 2:1 KJV

"Jesus said, "Watch out for doomsday deceivers. Many leaders are going to show up with forged identities, claiming, 'I am Christ, the Messiah.' They will deceive a lot of people. When reports come in of wars and rumored wars, keep your head and don't panic. This is routine history; this is no sign of the end. Nation will fight nation and ruler fight ruler, over and over. Famines and earthquakes will occur in various places. This is nothing compared to what is coming." Matthew 24:4 MSG

And of course we all know the following
"vigilate ergo quia nescitis qua hora Dominus vester venturus sit"
"Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come." Matthew 24:42 KJV

This is not to say we should pull our hair out worrying about the state of the world but to watch or keep watch of current events and with Gods help to defend our faith (watching where we draw the line), recognizing that the God who created this world is most Sovereign Lord and will keep you in your stead.

We live in a country that has become (in the past 60 years) a bully and justified it's actions in the name of freedom and national defence; and are very likely to invade yet another sovereign country, namely Iran, under the guise of terrorism. The Russian government has vowed to "Neutralize" any missile defence by the USA placed in the Ukraine or Czech Republic. Tuberculosis and Malaria are the worlds top killers and are preventable. A new form of Dengue Fever has been found in Italy. AIDS. There are revolutions or conflicts in Sri Lanka, Sumatra, Chad & Sudan are facing off, Lebanon fights Hezbollah, Zimbabwe, Turkey and the PKK, Columbia and FARC.....

As I was reading all of these events I was overwhelmed but soon realized that God is in control and that these things may be new developments to us but it is really just a replay...

No comments: